Study with us for a rewarding career in preschool education
In 1998 the Wonderkids Teacher Training Centre was established. The course is fully accredited with the ETDP-SETA / SAQA and is offered at NQF Level 4 (National Certificate) and Level 5 (National Diploma).
Applicants with Matric / senior certificate may apply for Level 5. Non-matriculants may apply for Level 4 and are to undertake Fundamentals in Communication, Literacy & Numeracy at an additional cost.
To apply contact:
The courses are designed to be completed over 24 months. This is based on weekly tutorials every Saturday. Each session will comprise of a combination of lectures, workshops, discussions, seminars and practical presentations. Additional workshops, practical lessons, observations and 1 school term compulsory practice teaching must be completed during the course. The term dates are according to school terms for KZN.
This course is based on two important approaches to learning viz. Learning Outcomes and Performance Criteria. Assignments, projects/material making, supervised practice, practicals and written assessments will be held on a continuous basis during the course and a final examination at the end of the course.
• Understanding that there is a need for a world change.
• Understanding the role of Early Childhood Development (ECD).
• Understanding the basis & the principles of the Montessori Philosophy and how it differs from other educational philosophies.
• The different areas of the Montessori Curriculum.
• Understanding how young children develop & their needs at different stages
• Understanding the process of learning
• Preparing the child for primary school.
• Adult learning skills
• The Prepared Environment. etc.